Conte's future to be announced after FA Cup final

Antonio's Conte future at Chelsea will be announced after the FA Cup final it has been revealed.

I'm shocked... That was sarcasm for anyone who didn't get it. It's really not that big of a surprise or a reveal, I think that's what everyone was expecting. Especially given the fact that he survived after those terrible defeats to Bournemouth and Watford, I really thought the board might have done it then. But not now.

Why sack Conte or make an announcement on his future at this stage of the season? There are three games left, two in the Premier League, where we still have an outside chance of finishing in the top four and qualifying for next season's UEFA Champions League, and the FA Cup final. It makes no sense to do it now and potentially disrupt things.

Had we been knocked out of the FA Cup and top four was impossible, well, if that was the case would we still be waiting for an announcement or would Conte be gone already?

The Metro, where I initially saw this carry some quotes from Conte. He said:
‘There are only two weeks until this season will finish and you will know if there is a different situation, or if you see me again next season.'
Basically what I said. Why do it now at this stage of the season when the finish line is in sight.
‘As I said before it is very difficult to comment on any speculations because there are speculations around me from the start of the season, after the first game against Burnley.'
That's true. It's actually been impressive how the press have managed to keep this story going for the entire season. You would have thought that they would have got bored of it at some stage, but no. They kept going and going, even when a lot of the stuff they were saying never materialised.
‘I think you understood that this speculation is not important for me because my focus is only to work in the best possible way with my players. I am doing this from the start until the end.'
Or it's not important because he spoke to the club and they told him to ignore the press and what they are saying because it's just that, speculation.
‘I am very focused on trying to finish the season in the best possible way and I try to transfer my will to my players, also because the fans deserve this.’
We'll just ignore that little strop you had around January/February time shall we? Where your moaning non-stop about transfers and relationship with the board, seemed to cause you to lose focus, and our form took a bit of a dip resulting in us dropping out of the top four?

Too mean?

Honestly I am bored of this story. I just want to know, is Conte staying or leaving? If he's leaving who are we getting as replacement? This season has been pretty woeful, I want to start looking ahead to next season now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Throw him out'?