'Throw him out'?

So I just came across this on Footballfancast, Chelsea fans responding to reports that Alvaro Morata has agreed a deal with Juventus to join them in the summer.

I wrote about this story myself earlier and it looks like I had a much different reaction to this news to everyone else.

I said, and I maintain, that I hope the club don't sell Morata this summer, after, let's be honest, a difficult and disappointing first season in England and the Premier League.

I think a lot of his struggles come down to the injury he suffered against Manchester City early in the season, an injury he was never given a chance to properly recover from because he was always rushed back and that in turn led to some poor performances, frustration and a lack of confidence. As a result I say give him another season.

By all means look at signing an additional goalscorer, recall Michy Batshuayi, promote Tammy Abraham, adjust the system, Chelsea need to strengthen and improve, this season has shown that, but give Morata another season.

Although I will say that if he is dead set on leaving because he hasn't settled in England, family reasons etc, then we should recoup as much as we can for him and get the deal done quick so we can get a replacement in quick. There's no point in letting it drag on for most of the summer if he really wants to go and has already agreed terms.

Not settling in England or family reasons aside, give him another season. Prior to getting injured against Man City he had 7 goals in 7 appearances for Chelsea. That is a good start.

But no, apparently it looks like I might be in the minority with that view. A lot of Chelsea fans appear to be happy to see him go after just one season at the club. I must admit I was surprised to see that.

Do you think Chelsea should sell Morata this summer or do you think he should be given another season?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog